Hawthorne Beach Club
The Hawthorne Beach Club is a yearly membership to allow use of Slovenski Camps' Hawthorne Beach on Panther Pond. Multiple membership levels are available based on the size of the watercraft that will be brought to the beach. Each membership purchased is valid for a single family/household. Memberships can be paid for on the Slovenski Camps Beach Club Membership store.
Membership rates for the current season pass to Hawthorne Beach:
- $60 for a family with canoes, kayaks, or sailboats
- $110 for a family with jet skis or motor boats
- $210 for a family with a pontoon boat
- $210 for rental property owners whose tenants use the beach
- pay just once per family** for the highest classification (all other boats are included)
- **single household family including two parents and children under 18
Hawthorne Beach is part of a children's summer camp property. Rules of
conduct are as follows:
- No Alcohol
- No Glass
- No Fires
- No Fireworks
- No Loud Music
- The beach closes at 5:00pm daily
Boats are asked to approach and depart at moderate speeds. Maine state
law enforces a safety zone within 200 feet of shore. From the Town of
Raymond web site:
"This safety zone is in effect near ALL shorelines, even around points, islands, coves, and on rivers. This law exists for two primary reasons:
1) Safety. The zone 200' from shore is the area where swimmers and small boats are most likely to be present and where a boater operating at high speed might not see them. (But there may be swimmers anywhere in the lake at times, so please do keep a careful watch.)
2) The Environment. The 200' zone helps reduce the environmental impact of boat waves, reducing erosion and protecting the delicate shoreline habitat of species like nesting loons."
Insurance regulations: Swim at your own risk. No lifeguard on duty.
Environmental regulations: No bathrooms on the beach. When someone has to go to the bathroom, boaters must return home.
Visits should be of a reasonable length less than 4 hours for this reason.
Dogs are allowed, but must be either on a leash or in your boat. Dogs may not be running loose to disturb nesting birds or other beach guests. Owners must clean up after their pets.
We look forward to another summer of access by permission to this beautiful secluded and supervised beach.
Membership for the current beach club season can be paid for at the following link: Beach Club Membership store. Please note that after purchasing a beach club membership it may take up to 48 hours for us to update our beach monitor's list. Please feel free to use the beach as soon as your membership is purchased.
If you have any questions about the beach club please contact us at